Exploring and expanding the frontiers of science, medicine and spirituality.
The Scientific and Medical Network (SMN) was founded by George Blaker, Dr. Patrick Shackleton and Sir Kelvin Spencer, based on their collective desire to reconcile scientific enquiry and scientific models of reality with the spiritual dimension of life, and so to open dialogue between scientists and spiritual luminaries of all backgrounds. The vision of the SMN founders was a profoundly holistic one: an organisation confined by no “fences of thought”, but instead open to insight from every kind of human enquiry.
The current members continue to believe that neither orthodox religion nor conventional science are, in their current forms, sufficient to answer pressing questions about human existence about mysteries of the cosmos, and that new ways of thinking, and new interdisciplinary approaches, are needed. The Network was originally an invitation only club, as it developed into its early form as a place for scientists and medics to debate and dialogue about questions and ideas that were considered taboo in orthodox contexts, on issues such as non-local consciousness, alternative forms of healing and paranormal phenomena.
The SMN remains a worldwide professional community and membership organisation that offers a friendly and safe environment for for open-minded, rigorous and evidence-based enquiry into themes bridging science, spirituality and consciousness. Please click here to join us on our journey, or click here for information about our Local Groups and Meetings or contact us here.
|Network Review 2016 – 2||Network Review 2016 – 1||Network Review 2015 – 3|
- Please see our introductory video here.
- We are still in the process of transferring information across to this new site. If you cannot find what you are looking for please use this link to our new Support forum.
- If you are a member of the SMN and have renewed your membership in 2016, then you should have received a username and password for this web site. If you have not renewed please use this link to renew or apply for Membership.
- You are also able to join one of our Local Groups who hold regular meetings in various parts of the UK and around the world. Please click here for more details of a local group in your area.
- You can also follow us on Facebook, by clicking here.
Mystics and Scientists 40 – The Continuing Quest for Unity and Integration
The Mystics and Scientists conferences have been held every year since 1978, and are dedicated to forging a creative understanding of the complementary roles of scientific and mystical approaches to reality. This year we are celebrating the 40th Anniversary of this flagship series of conferences that have featured many of the leading scientists and mystics of the time. We are especially delighted that Fritjof Capra is able to join us live by Skype, as the only speaker from the original conference, which was the 1978 ‘May Lectures’ and simply entitled Mystics and Scientists. Fritjof had published The Tao of Physics in 1976 and his title was The Implications of the New Physics for the Scientific Reality of our Time. I attended his lecture at Trinity College, Cambridge, around the same time – the event was organised by Prof Bernard Carr, then a Fellow.
- Quantum Psychology: New paradigms in science and their impact on psychotherapy on 28th Feb 2017 7:30:pm, at
- Transforming Aging Summit on 7th Mar 2017 9:00:am, at
- Experiences of Angels: Intimations of Ultimate Reality? – Marianne Rankin on 13th Mar 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- TAP Conference 2017 on 18th Mar 2017, at Taunton Racecourse
- 40th Anniversary Mystics and Scientists Conference on 7th Apr 2017 6:00:pm, at Horsley Park
- In-formation at the Centre of Creation: consciousness, causality and coherence – Dr. Jude Currivan on 24th Apr 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Stephen Hawking nearly talks about God – Prof Keith Ward on 22nd May 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Facing up to Mind and Spirit: Do we need a Post-Materialist Science? – Prof Bernard Carr on 12th Jun 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- The River of the Afterlife: the phenomenology of Near Death Experiences in Japan – Dr. Ornella Corazza on 17th Jul 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
The Mystics and Scientists conferences have been held every year since 1978, and are dedicated to forging a creative understanding of the complementary roles of scientific and mystical approaches to reality. This year we are celebrating the 40th Anniversary of this flagship series of conferences that have featured many of the leading scientists and mystics of the time. We are especially delighted that Fritjof Capra is able to join us live by Skype, as the only speaker from the original conference, which was the 1978 ‘May Lectures’ and simply entitled Mystics and Scientists.
But while the British public were always sceptical it has transpired that none other than the CIA believed the "spoonbender" was psychic all along."
Altering DNA in germline cells — embryos, eggs, and sperm, or cells that give rise to them — may be used to cure genetic diseases for future generations, provided it is done only to correct disease or disability, not to enhance people’s health or abilities, a report issued February 14 by the National Academies of Sciences and Medicine recommends."
As you can imagine, it's not an easy hypothesis to prove, but physicists say they now have observational evidence from the early Universe that fits just as neatly into the so-called hologram principle as it does with the standard Big Bang model."