The Network is devoted to the emergence of a more enlightened world – a world in which the wisdom of spirituality and the thoughtfulness of philosophy balance the power of science and technology.
We recognise that our world is still plagued by deep problems and enduring conflicts. Many of these are caused by dogmatic, superstitious or ill-informed worldviews. However, we believe that individuals and societies can transform themselves. The key is learning to integrate evidence-based science, born of rational philosophy, with the love and inner peace cultivated by spiritual practice. The Network is a worldwide community of professionals dedicated to this transformative task.
We invite you to join us in co-creating a paradigm shift to bring truth, beauty, health and well-being into harmony, and so help heal our fractured culture. Membership is open to all who agree with our mission, aims and values.
|Network Review 2016 – 2||Network Review 2016 – 1||Network Review 2015 – 3|
- Please see our introductory video here.
- We are still in the process of transferring information across to this new site. If you cannot find what you are looking for please use this link to our new Support forum.
- If you are a member of the SMN and have renewed your membership in 2016, then you should have received a username and password for this web site. If you have not renewed please use this link to renew or apply for Membership.
- You are also able to join one of our Local Groups who hold regular meetings in various parts of the UK and around the world. Please click here for more details of a local group in your area.
- You can also follow us on Facebook, by clicking here.
- Complexity and the Implicate Order Bohm-Prigogine Centenary Conference on 24th Jun 2017, at Christopher Ingold Building, UCL
- SMN Annual Gathering on 7th Jul 2017, at University of Plymouth
- Dr. Ornella Corazza – The River of the Afterlife: the phenomenology of Near Death Experiences in Japan on 17th Jul 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Dr Oliver Robinson – An introduction to sacred geometry and mystical mathematics on 21st Aug 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Science and Religion Forum – Mental Wellbeing, Neuroscience and Religion on 31st Aug 2017, at
- Continental Meeting – Shaping Influences: Fields, Archetypes and Living Systems on 7th Sep 2017, at
- Laurence Freeman OSB – The Rule of St. Benedict, a little Rule for Beginners on 25th Sep 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Prof. Tom Lombardo – Future Consciousness: The Path to Purposeful Evolution – An Introduction on 9th Oct 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Beyond the Brain XII – Further Reaches of Consciousness Research on 28th Oct 2017, at Regent’s University
- Dr. Stuart Hameroff – The “quantum pleasure principle” – Did life evolve to feel good? on 30th Oct 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
By using an advanced mathematical system, researchers were able to uncover architectural structures that appears when the brain has to process information, before they disintegrate into nothing."
The 2017 Network Annual Gathering returns to the University of Plymouth, where we held the meeting some 10 years ago. The Programme will begin on Friday evening with drinks and dinner and continue on Saturday morning with a presentation from 2016 Network Book Prize winner John Hands, author of the magisterial book Cosmo Sapiens.
In the afternoon there will be free time for networking and for short informal presentations from members related to the theme, such as opening up other ways of knowing and new methodologies. Please send 150-word abstracts to [email protected] by May 30 at the latest.
On Saturday evening we will be going on an extended boat trip in The Spirit of Plymouth, so we can have our meal, entertainment, and party on board!
On Sunday we will hold our formal Annual General Meeting, where Members have a chance to hear from the officers about our work over the past year, to contribute to the evolving direction of the Network and to elect new members of the Network Board.
For those of you who have not yet attended the Network Annual Gathering, you will find it a wonderfully stimulating and sociable event where you can meet other Members in relaxed surroundings to exchange ideas and experiences.
But in one study expected to launch later this year, scientists hope to use stem cells in a new, highly controversial way — to reverse death."
@A Quest for Meaning – The Movie tells the story of two friends, Marc and Nathanael, who leave everything behind to go question the workings of the world and look for alternative ways of thinking and living. Their authentic journey has inspired thousands of citizens and organizations who have joined forces to spread their message. You can join the adventure too and become an ambassador: http://aquestformeaning-themovie.com/community"