Exploring and expanding the frontiers of science, medicine and spirituality.
The Network is devoted to the emergence of a more enlightened world – a world in which the wisdom of spirituality and the thoughtfulness of philosophy balance the power of science and technology.
We recognise that our world is still plagued by deep problems and enduring conflicts. Many of these are caused by dogmatic, superstitious or ill-informed worldviews. However, we believe that individuals and societies can transform themselves. The key is learning to integrate evidence-based science, born of rational philosophy, with the love and inner peace cultivated by spiritual practice. The Network is a worldwide community of professionals dedicated to this transformative task.
We invite you to join us in co-creating a paradigm shift to bring truth, beauty, health and well-being into harmony, and so help heal our fractured culture. Membership is open to all who agree with our mission, aims and values.
|Network Review 2016 – 2||Network Review 2016 – 1||Network Review 2015 – 3|
- Please see our introductory video here.
- We are still in the process of transferring information across to this new site. If you cannot find what you are looking for please use this link to our new Support forum.
- If you are a member of the SMN and have renewed your membership in 2016, then you should have received a username and password for this web site. If you have not renewed please use this link to renew or apply for Membership.
- You are also able to join one of our Local Groups who hold regular meetings in various parts of the UK and around the world. Please click here for more details of a local group in your area.
- You can also follow us on Facebook, by clicking here.
2017 marks the centenary of two of the most creative scientists of the 20th century, Prof David Bohm FRS (1917 – 1992) and Prof Vicomte Ilya Prigogine (1917 – 2004). Both men thought out-of-the-box, and introduced new and influential concepts that have had a wide reach outside their specialist fields. The Network arranged a weekend of dialogue with David Bohm in 1988, and a day with Ilya Prigogine in 1995, which was attended by more than 400 people. Both were Honorary Members. Addressed by experts who worked closely with both men, this centenary conference will consider their legacies and the extensive influence, showing how their ideas still shape our thinking.
The 2017 Network Annual Gathering returns to the University of Plymouth, where we held the meeting some 10 years ago. The Programme will begin on Friday evening with drinks and dinner and continue on Saturday morning with a presentation from 2016 Network Book Prize winner John Hands, author of the magisterial book Cosmo Sapiens.
The interdisciplinary Beyond the Brain conferences were initiated with Willis Harman and Edgar Mitchell of the Institute of Noetic Sciences at St John’s College, Cambridge in 1995. Over the years we have covered a wide range of topics and this year we are taking a different approach by inviting four partners to join us and making the conference non-residential in London. On Friday evening, however, we will be holding the UK premiere of Member Amit Biswas’ award-winning film The Bridge.
- Prof Keith Ward – Stephen Hawking nearly talks about God on 22nd May 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Prof Bernard Carr – Facing up to Mind and Spirit: Do we need a Post-Materialist Science? on 12th Jun 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Dreaming the Future Conference on 23rd Jun 2017, at CaixaForum
- Complexity and the Implicate Order Bohm-Prigogine Centenary Conference on 24th Jun 2017, at Christopher Ingold Building, UCL
- SMN Annual Gathering on 7th Jul 2017, at University of Plymouth
- Dr. Ornella Corazza – The River of the Afterlife: the phenomenology of Near Death Experiences in Japan on 17th Jul 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Dr Oliver Robinson – An introduction to sacred geometry and mystical mathematics on 21st Aug 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Continental Meeting – Shaping Influences: Fields, Archetypes and Living Systems on 7th Sep 2017, at
- Laurence Freeman OSB – A little Rule for Beginners on 25th Sep 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London
- Beyond the Brain XII – Further Reaches of Consciousness Research on 28th Oct 2017, at Regent’s University
- Prof. Tom Lombardo – Future Consciousness: The Path to Purposeful Evolution – An Introduction on 13th Nov 2017 7:30:pm, at Hampstead London