I was a General Practitioner for thirty two years and have used hypnosis for more than twenty years to help my patients deal with stress and anxiety and to help them facilitate change in how they live their lives. I am an accredited member of the British Society of Clinical & Academic Hypnosis, a certified NLP Master Practitioner and have had training in brief solution oriented therapy and other approaches. I have been involved for many years with teaching Health Professionals how to use hypnotic techniques both for themselves and within their own field of clinical expertise. I run stress management, personal development and brief psychological interventions workshops on request, as well as seeing private clients for therapy. I have also lectured at Manchester, Chester and Salford Universities as well as in Canada and Europe. I have written three books: on stress management, smoking cessation and on brief psychological interventions in clinical practice. I am also co-editor of A Handbook of Contemporary Hypnosis published by Wiley in 2012 and have contributed to several other books and journals. I am also a Reiki Master Trainer and have an interest in creativity and exploring one’s emotions through the arts.
For more details please visit www.annwilliamson.co.uk
- Smoke free & no buts, Co-author, (1998) Crown House Publishing Ltd. ISBN: 1-899836-20-9
- Still – in the Storm, (1999) Crown House Publishing Ltd. ISBN:189983641-1 (Reprinted 2000, 2004; translated into Russian, Chinese and Spanish)
- Named contributor to ‘Hypnosis, Dissociation and Survivors of Child Abuse’ by Marcia Degun-Mather, (2006) Wiley. ISBN: 0-470-01945-X
- Brief Psychological Interventions in Practice, (2008) Wiley, ISBN: 978-0-470-51306-4
- The Handbook of Contemporary Clinical Hypnosis: Theory and Practice, L Brann, J Owens & A Williamson (2011) Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, ISBN 978-0-470-68367-5
- Named contributor to ‘Hypnotherapy: A Handbook’ by Michael Heap (2012) Open University Press, ISBN: 0335244459